Cleaning And Maintenance
Stuc-O-Flex exterior wall coatings require little maintenance, although, we have for your convenience listed below an overview regarding care and cleaning of your wall finish.
- On an annual bases review and observe that all caulking details and flashings are in working order, and any penetrations that exist in the Stuc-O-Flex are rectified immediately to safeguard against water intrusion behind the Stuc-O-Flex finish.
- Any damage or holes in the system should be repaired as soon as possible. Contact the original contractor who installed the Stuc-O-Flex or call for assistance on details to perform the repair @ 1-800-305-1045.
- Cleaning of the Stuc-O-Flex should not be required normally for many years. If dirt is concentrated in an area (i.e. down spouts, scuppers, parapet caps, etc.), this can be removed with hot water, soap, and a stiff nylon bristled brush (not metal) in most cases. With extreme cases specialty cleaners are available from Stuc-O-Flex International that can be sold direct.
- If the building becomes generally dirty after years of exposure, the entire wall can be cleaned with T.S.P. or other types of cleaners. This cleaning should only be performed by a qualified contractor with knowledge of both the Stuc-O-Flex and power washing equipment. (Do not exceed 600psi).
- With a built-in preservative system within the formula, Stuc-O-Flex will not support mold and mildew growth in the coating itself. Although, in some areas of the country high humidity combined with organic dirt and dust (pollen, mold spores, etc.) may cause mold or mildew growth (generally on the north facing walls). If this occurs, bleach and water solution (1 part bleach to 1 part water) should be applied to the area and left to soak for five minutes (do not allow bleach solution to dry). You may need to scrub with a stiff bristled brush to loosen the dead organisms then thoroughly rinse with clean water, allow to dry.
- If you would like to change the color of your Stuc-O-Flex, you may paint the surface with an Exterior Acrylic Latex Paint or Stuc-O-Flex “RENEW” following the instruction provided by the manufacturer.
These above referenced topics should cover the vast majority of issues dealing with the care of our Stuc-O-Flex coating. We welcome the opportunity to support your projects and are available at 1-800-305-1045 if any clarification or assistance can be provided by Stuc-O-Flex International, Inc.